Health & Safety
Our top priority is always 'safety first'. We actively promote a culture of safety awareness in outdoor education, without losing the adventure. Our Safety Management Systems and Policy have been independently inspected and verified. All centres comply with health and safety requirements and we hold copies of their Public Liability Insurances.
- Each member of staff has a copy of the company’s Health & Safety Policy in their Training Manual.
- Our Centre Managers have a full-size First Aid Kit and each of our Instructors carry a First Aid Kit on activity sessions.
- Daily safety and equipment checks are made and recorded at all of our centres. Any equipment showing signs of wear is immediately taken out of commission and replaced.
- We have carried out full Risk Assessments for all activities at Condover Hall
- Any accidents or near misses are recorded regularly and corrective action is taken to ensure that they are avoided in the future.
Copies of our generic risk assessments are available upon request.
At Condover Hall we meet the highest standards of security. Some of these measures include:
- Staff uniform and name badges with photograph
- All staff members are DBS checked
- Visitor badges are provided for accompanying teachers and any other visitors on site
- CCTV and security barriers are provided at the entrance
- Senior staff are on site from 7am to 11pm
- Night security patrols run from 11pm to 7am
- Duplicate accommodation keys for the Party Leader (where applicable)
- Duty Instructor is on call 24 hours
Our aim is to provide activity courses with safety as our top priority and with the emphasis on enjoyment, education and self-development. We acknowledge the roles of a range of regulatory and advisory bodies and we strive to exceed the standards defined by BAPA, AALA, HSE and a range of sporting National Governing Bodies.
Our accreditations and memberships include:
- BAPA - We operate within the code of practise laid down by the British Activity Providers Association
- LOtC - Learning Outside the Classroom for educational provision and effective risk management
- AAIAC - Adventuremark ensures our activities have been assessed for safety and risk management
- AALA - Adventure Activities Licencing Authority ensures safety standards are met
- IOL - We are corporate members of the Institute of Outdoor Learning
Staff pre-employment requirements and qualifications include:
- DBS - All our staff are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- HSE - All instructors complete an emergency First Aid HSE approved course
- British Fencing Association - Our instructors are trained by the BFA and hold the EFA’s Club Leader Award
- GNAS - Our Senior Instructors complete the level I Archery leader's course
- BOF - Our Senior Instructors complete the British Orienteering Foundation course
- BCU - Our Senior & Water Sports Instructors hold British Canoe Union qualifications relevant to their roles
Contact us with any question you have regarding health and safety or our accreditations.